- Nothing Wrong (Ray Charles Orchestra) (Mike Conlon - ct; James 'Heavy' Clay - ts; Steve Turre - tb)
- Hallelujah I Love Her So
- Georgia On My Mind (Andy Ennis - ft)
- You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Wanna Do It)
- Yesterday (Edgar Willis - b)
- Feel So Bad (Ralph Byrd - g; John Henderson - o)
- Going Down Slow (1st time)
- Going Down Slow (2nd time)
- Intro Raelettes
- Rock Steady (ft. Estella Yarbrough)
- I Can't Stop Loving You
- Look What They Have Done To My Song, Ma
- Indian Love Call (ft. Susaye Greene)
- Eleanor Rigby
- Introduction John Henderson
- Shake (with The Raelettes)
- Ray introducing Raelettes by name, in call and response improv; ft Mable John, Estella Yarbrough, Susaye Greene, Dorothy Berry, and Vernita Moss with a great sample of:
- Leave My Man Alone (partial; ft Vernita Moss)
- Introduction band
- So Soon (with John Henderson) + What'd I Say
|The band, announced by Ray as "The foundation |
of our group" takes a bow (video still).
The instrumental (#1) was recorded later for the album My Kind Of Jazz Part III (1975); in December '72 another live performance of the tune was filmed in Tel Aviv.
The show was aired in Denmark on August 8, 1978 (or was this a corruption for 1973, as the new DR-page seems to imply?), under the title 'The Genius koncert'.
Historic Films (file Dr-8) archived a 1 h 47 m copy dated 1 March (sic!) 1972. For a radio interview by Swedish national radio dated on or around 1 March 1972 (which may be a corruption for October 10 as well), listen here.
Musicians: Mike Conlon (ct), Tommy Cortez, Joe Mitchell, ?Tommy Turrentine?, Tony Farrell - trumpets; Glenn Childress, Al (Sanifu) Hall, Fred Murrell, Steve Turre - trombones; James Clay, Don Garcia - alto saxophones; Andy Ennis - tenor saxophone, flute; Fred Smith - tenor saxophone; Leroy Cooper - baritone saxophone, band leader; John Henderson - organ, piano; Ralph Byrd - guitar; Edgar Willis - bass; John Perrett - drums. The Raelettes: Vernita Moss, Mable John, Susaye Greene, Dorothy Berry, Estella Yarbrough.