Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

20 July 2010

Ray Charles Live In Londen (1996)

In June 1996 Van Morrison and Ray Charles were on a tour that brought them to the Wembley Arena in London, on 15 and 19 June, the Nynex Arena in Manchester (June 21), the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham (23) and the Arena in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (24).
A very, very poor recording, taped from the audience, of the second Wembley concert is circulating on the Web.
The only, purely documentary, value of this bootleg is in I Believe To My Soul, where Van joined Ray on stage, bringing back Them memories.

Cover 'artwork' of the digital bootleg.
  1. Let The Good Times Roll 
  2. Busted 
  3. Georgia On My Mind 
  4. Mississippi Mud
  5. Just For A Thrill 
  6. Teardrops From My Eyes
  7. Angelina
  8. Blues For Big Scotia 
  9. Song For You
  10. Chain Of Fools (The Raelettes)
  11. I Can't Stop Loving You 
  12. Smack Dab In The Middle
  13. I Believe To My Soul (with Van Morrison)
  14. What'd I Say
  15. Outro / Gotta Move On
Reconstructed line-up:
Musicians: Steve Elliott, Al Jackson, Al Waters, Rudy Johnson, and Jim Farnsworth - saxophone; Ted Murdock, Chuck Parrish, John Bailey, Kenny Scharf - trumpet; Steve Sigmund, Michael Guerrier, Sarah Morrow, Jason Jackson - trombone; Kenny Carr - guitar; Curtis Ohlson - bass; Ernest Vantrease - Hammond organ; Peter Turre - drums. Raelettes: Estella Yarbrough, Karen Evans, Cathy Mackey, ?Katrina Harper-Cooke?, Tonette McKinney.

No comments :

Post a Comment