Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

05 October 2014

Ray Charles Live In Antibes (1985)

Cover festival program.
A spooky concert in Antibes in 1985, that I speculated about before, appears to have survived in the INA archives (ID PHY11006183). The show took place on July 20th. To my regret, I haven't been able to listen to it yet, but this is what I can make of INA's notes.

01. Woody 'n' Bu (Ray Charles Orchestra)
02. Blues For Nya Nya (Ray Charles Orchestra)
03. Wave (Ray Charles Orchestra)
04. Spain (Ray Charles Orchestra)
05. Busted
06. Georgia On My Mind
07. Oh, What A Beautiful Morning
08. I've Got News For You
09. Some Enchanted Evening
10. For Mamma
11. Intro Raelettes
12. I Want Your Love
13. Feel So Bad
14. Don't Change On Me
15. I Can't Stop Loving You
16. Knock On Wood
17. 3/4 Time
18. Born To Love Me
20. What'd I Say (with Hallelujah Babe intro)

#13 and #14: Uncertain titles; databased as Feel so good and Don't take on me. #17: Databased as 3/4 of the time.

INA specifies only a few band members (Jeff Kaye, Mark Curry - tp; Delfeayo Marsalis - tb; Clifford Solomon - as, bandleader, Rudy Johnson - ts, Ernest  Vantrease - p, org), and all (or 4 out of 5?) Raelettes: Marie Woodward (= Elaine Woodard?), Estella Yarbrough, Trudy Cohran, Janice Mitchell.

No comments :

Post a Comment