Single3 (12" Maxi CD): Quest 0-21408, 1989.
Music clip: see this.
Album3 (LP, CD): Quincy Jones, Back On The Block, Quest 26020, 1989.
Lead vocals – Chaka Khan, Ray Charles; guitar - George Johnson; bass - Louis Johnson; keyboards - David Paich, Greg Phillinganes, Ian Prince; drums - Harvey Mason; drum sounds - Bruce Swedien; backing vocals - George Johnson, James Ingram, James Gilstrap, Louis Johnson, Phil Perry, Siedah Garrett, Syreeta Wright; programmed by - Ian Underwood, Larry Williams, Michael Boddicker, Steve Porcaro; arranged by - Quincy Jones.
I've counted up to 8 remixes floating around, but th Maxi CD mentioned above had 5. The 4-minute videoclip of the song was based on the album release, but the single that made it for the charts actually was a compilation of the longer remixes:
- 12" Remix (8:06)
- 12" Remix Dub
- Good For Your Soul Mix (8:18): additional production and remix by Arthur Baker for ABI. Rap written and performed by Skam. Programming by Mac Quayle. Mix engineer: Mark Plati at Shakedown Sound. Edits By Charlie Barbie and Vic.
- Good For Your Soul Dub (4:45)
- Around The House Mix: details as Soul mix, plus: edits by Oh Oh Omar Santana.
- Around The House Dub
- 12" Remix 8:06
- Good For Your Soul Mix 8:18
- Good For Your Soul Dub 4:45