Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

05 November 2014

I'm Gonna Cross That River (By Tommy Ridgley, Ray Charles On Piano)

Single3 (A): Atlantic 1009, 1954, b/w Ooh Lawdy My Baby.

In Mid-August 1953 Ray Charles was invited to fill in on the piano at a recording session organized by Atlantic for Tommy Ridgley, at the J&M Studio in New Orleans. They taped Ooh Lawdy My Baby and I'm Gonna Cross That River. Ray may also have had a role (as an arranger?) in the taping of Ridgley's version of Changed My Mind.

The line-up was: Tommy Ridgley - vocals, August Dupont - alto sax, Walter Hebrard - tenor sax, Ray Charles - piano, Edgard Blanchard - guitar, Frank Fields - bass, Alonzo Steward - drums.

(Afterwards Ray, together with Ertegun and Wrexler, decided to use the occasion to also record Feelin' Sad and I Wonder Who).

No comments :

Post a Comment