Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

30 January 2010

Do The Twist! (aka The Greatest Ray Charles) (1961)



Promotional poster.
Album.
Atlantic sometimes went VERY far in exploiting their Ray Charles back catalog.
From Cashbox, Jan. 13, 1962.

Charles as well as Darin didn't accept
new contracts in 1959/1960, 
but Ahmet Ertegun "gave" 
both a "Twist" album in '61.
  1. Tell Me How Do You Feel
  2. I've Got A Woman
  3. Heartbreaker
  4. Tell The Truth
  5. What'd I Say
  6. Talkin' ‘Bout You
  7. You Be My Baby
  8. Leave My Woman Alone
  9. I'm Movin' On
Atlantic kept on trying to cash in on their former star artist. This was their most ruthless try - even calling this compilation album after the contemporary dance craze, and filling the back cover with detailed twist dance instructions. The album made it to #11 on the charts.

Atlantic 8054, November 1961.
















No comments :

Post a Comment