Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

08 March 2010

Live In Glasgow (1999)

'Artwork' for digital bootleg.
  1. Intro
  2. Then We'll Be Home (Sadies Tune) 
  3. Busted 
  4. Georgia On My Mind 
  5. Mississippi Mud
  6. Just For A Thrill
  7. Teardrops From My Eyes 
  8. Say No More 
  9. Stranger In My Own Hometown 
  10. A Song For You 
  11. You Better Watch Them Dogs (Raelettes) 
  12. I Can't Stop Loving You 
  13. I Believe To My Soul 
  14. What'd I Say 
  15. Outro 
The - very fragmentary - sources on this concert all seem corrupt somehow, but this is my best reconstruction:

The concert and the taping took place on either (16 or) 26 May 1999 at the Clyde Auditorium, in Glasgow. It was probably first broadcast on BBC 2/Glasgow FM Radio on May 31st. Ray performed with "the Ray Charles Trio" and with the BBC Big Band, for this occasion conducted by Richard Niles.
The recording was partially aired again in 2002; from this broadcast a torrent is floating around on the web. Try to grab it if you can: Ray's performance of I Believe To My Soul was so mean and raw, that he said he doubted if the BBC would dare to broadcast it.

#1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 13, 14, 15:


#13 - 14:

3 comments :

  1. I have this show on CD. The performance and sound quality are great! Grab it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how do I get a copy.I would pay.If you can make a copy,tell me how much,and I will senda cheque
      Actually I taped it on an Sony type cassette player but the dvd would be wonderful

      Delete
  2. I was student in Glasgow at the same time. I saw him. It was a completed privilege to be in the place... What a genuis !

    ReplyDelete