Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

02 April 2010

The Willie Nelson Special (With Ray Charles) (1984)



  1. On the Road Again 
  2. Always on My Mind
  3. Hey Hey 
  4. Angel Eyes 
  5. Seven Spanish Angels 
  6. I Can't Stop Loving You 
  7. Georgia on My Mind
  8. Mountain Dew
  9. My Window Faces South 
  10. There Will Never Be Another You 
  11. To All the Girls I've Loved Before 
  12. Without a Song 
  13. Who Will Buy My Memories 
  14. Whisky River 
The Willie Nelson Special was a wonderful, intimate, live concert, recorded on 18 May 1984 (directed by Gary Menotti) in the Austin Opry House, totally in the spirit of "making music with my friends". Ray and Willie - both in top form - played together on tracks 3 to 8 (Jackie King - guitar; Don Hoss - piano; Sid Sims - electric bass; Bob Scott - drums). The other parts of the concert (with a.o. Waylon Jennings) were as excellent. According to Billboard (31 August 1985) the show first aired in November 1985.

VHS: Embassy Home Entertainment, ASIN 5555842848, s.a.
The show was also released on laser disc. DVD: Rhino/WEA, ASIN B000068QLY, 9 July 2002.


Photos by Joe Adams.
Seven Spanish Angels (with Willie Nelson):


I Can't Stop Loving You (with Willie Nelson):


Georgia On My Mind (with Willie Nelson):


Mountain Dew (with Willie Nelson):

No comments :

Post a Comment